Protein Powders I Dislike:
- Quest – it was through quest that I realized how sensitive I was to whey because it made me throw up (literally)
- Shakeology – flavor is just okay, is not anything special for the price point. I hate that they air on the side of advertising as a meal rather than a supplement
Protein Powders I Like:
- Vega Sport Recovery – doesn’t bake well but is great in smoothies and shakes
- The Natural Citizen – SUPER clean ingredient list and I love the company, but I prefer a powder that has a little more flavor
- PE Science Vegan – bakes well and mixes well, good price point! I prefer their chocolate to their vanilla.
- SunWarrior – Recently tried samples of their new formula in my Raw Box. I loved the chocolate and the vanilla!
Protein Powders I Love:
- Nuzest – flavors are all so on point! Love the taste, consistency and that it bakes as well as it mixes in smoothies. My stomach handles this protein very well. I love them so much that I partnered with them for a coupon code FITGIRLK8! I usually just get the vanilla but their cappuccino is a favorite of mine as well, especially for oatmeal
- Sprout Living – love their protein and love the company, isn’t something that I buy regularly though just due to price point.
- Garden of Life – I order this off of Vitacost and love how it bakes and mixes. Stomach handles this well
Protein Bars I Dislike:
- Luna – I just don’t really like these honestly.
- Health Warrior – did not care for the flavor or the consistency of these at all.
- Vega Protein and Greens – way too ‘green’ for me
Protein Bars I Like:
- Rx Bars – NOT VEGAN* I don’t eat these any more but before I was vegan I really loved these. If you are not vegan or are trying to move away from whey, these would be a great option as the protein in these comes from egg whites. Love their slogan as well.
- D’s Natural – lots of protein and good consistency, some of the flavors are a little meh though. I don’t regularly buy these.
- Zing Bars – remind me a lot of square bars but a little chewier which I like. They have minis and full sizes and all of their flavors are really good. I don’t have them on my LOVE list because they are really sweet and I try to steer clear of a lot of sugars.
- Lenny and Larry’s Cookies – they are really super yummy but their nutritional content isn’t awesome. I hate that it is 2 servings per one cookie and I don’t feel like they are super clear about that. They are also currently involved in a lawsuit that they may not be fully vegan and may have fibbed about the amount of protein in their products.
Protein Bars I Love:
- Squarebars – my favorite flavor is the almond spice followed closely by the coconut. These curb my chocolate cravings as well as offer a protein punch. They are so good on their own or cut up for toppings for nicecrea or oatmeal. FITGIRLK8 is an active coupon, let me know if you use it! Free US shipping, too!
- GoMacro – love Go Macro bars! Consistency is good, they ARE chewy but I really like that. It isn’t the kind of chewy that destroys your jaw. They even have minis if you just want a small snack. Super filling!
- Perfect Bars – they have one vegan flavor and I LOVE it. I really hope they consider rolling out more vegan options. Consistency is my faaavorite! They keep these refrigerated so if you get frustrated trying to find them, check in that section of your market!